Ever since I started my photography journey, I remember the main thing I wanted to do with my business was blog about EVERYTHING. Once I launched my new website/blog, I was ready to rock n roll and blog every session I photographed. Then I realized that you all know me as a photographer, located in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area, but how well do you know me, personally? I am going to twist it up a bit and tell you all some unique facts about myself!
1. My middle name is Leigh, and so far I know at least three Courtney Leigh’s! How cool is that?!
2. I have a second job (technically). When I say technically, I am actually saying not really. I started working for a private ambulance transport company in 2011 as an EMT and December 2014 I decided it was best for me to go part time. I wanted to really focus on my business plus working 24 hour shifts every 4 days was really starting to affect my business and myself. I became super unhealthy and my business just wasn’t where I wanted it to be, so I took the chance and I am so happy I did!! (stay tuned for a blog post about that)
3. My favorite kind of music is alternative rock. This actually shocks most people. I am far from the die hard Taylor Swift fan that people think I am. Honestly, I can’t stand her voice. Her song writing is beautiful but when it comes out of her mouth, done deal. BUT, don’t think I won’t break out the “shake it off” song because I have to admit, that song is extremely catching!
4. I am completely 100% obsessed with my dog, Oakley! He is my fur baby and my pride and joy. He is a golden retriever/lab mix who loves to run wild in the woods, swim, and cuddle at night. He is currently 3 years old and is spoiled rotten, but I love him to death!
5. I love, love, LOVE candles. Whenever Yankee candle is having a huge sale, I can promise you there will be a shipment of candles to my door in a week. Even if I already have 15 candles collecting dust in my closet!
6. I graduated a year early from high school with an advanced diploma. In the 3 years of high school, I managed to take 4 semesters worth of Latin. However, if you were to ask me to translate latin, my answer to you would be…”google it”
7. I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Let me tell you, the struggle is so real.
8. I am double jointed in my shoulders. I can pop my shoulder out of the socket and not feel an ounce of pain! It is totally freaky but cool at the same time.
9. Growing up I was involved in a variety of sports such as gymnastics, sports acrobatics, cheerleading, and field hockey. My all time favorite sport was sports acrobatics! This is one intense sport that has lost its popularity but if you were to ask about my childhood, it would be all about this because it consumed so much of my childhood!
10. I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but give me some Sweet Tarts or Shock Tarts and I am super happy!
11. I use wayyyy to many exclamation points, smiley faces, hearts, and LOLs! I am a “happy texter” and if I don’t use any of those 4 things in a text/email/etc, I get the response of “whats wrong?” hahah!
12. Lastly, I really love big, curly, poofy hair and I am extremely picky on the hair products I use! I have actually done a test to see if different hair products create different effects on my hair and they do! I will be sharing about the products I use in the future along with hair tutorials!!
Now I am out of ideas and I think 12 facts are a good start! :)